(Taken from Lori's Blog)
Just thought I would give you all an update. If you haven't read her blog..... I highly recommend it. The link is here. She has been on a never ending roller coaster for over two years.
Wow..... I can't believe what Lori and Brent and the rest of the adoptive families have had to go through. Lori is a rock! She is so strong! I don't think I could ever endure what she has been through. Not only is she getting her child home, she has been able to get a lot of the other children home as well. I am sure this homecoming is bitter sweet since she was unable to bring both children home. Her little girls birth father decided he wanted to keep her now. We all hope he has a change of heart sooner rather than later so that this little girl can be provided for and loved.
They now have made it to Miami and have to process the childrens paper work through. They will stay in a shelter until that is done. It could take a few days. The adoptive parents are allowed to visit the children from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. As heartbreaking as that is..... we are greatful that they are on American soil and will be bathed and fed.
Thank you to all of you that have made a donation to help get these children home. The donations are still needed for the children that are still in Haiti. The orphanage will need to be rebuilt and supplies are needed. There are 3 times the amount of orphans since the earthquake. Lets open our hearts and not forget them.
Chandler was really cute at his last basketball game. They had a little donation center set up for Haiti and he decided to give the last hard earned money he had in his wallet. Afterwards on the way home he told Shane how good it made him feel inside to help out. It made me want to help him find more ways to earn money so he can feel that way again. It touched my heart.
If you want to feel good inside too... go to Lori's Blog and donate to the cause. Even if it is $5 or $10.. it all helps.
I am glad to know Lori will have little Nathan home in just a few short days.
Well said Kim. And YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! Nathan is really REALLY on his way to his home!
ReplyDelete