Has it really been 9 years? Yes, yes it has.Shane worked with my sister at a little game studio called Saffire. One random day he asked her if she had found him a girlfriend yet. She said .... "Well you could date my sister." Then she told him if it didn't work out, not to blame her. Lucky for her.... it has worked out.
Shane called and asked me out on a date shortly after that. We went to Chilli's and then to the Haunted Forest on October 17th. He was so loving and accepting. Chandler was already 3 years old and I thought I would never get married again. We dated often and talked almost daily.
Shane invited me to come to his work Christmas party in mid December. He always wrote and performed the "Saffire Blues" song with his harmonica. Each year it was something different going on inside the company that he wrote about. This particular year the company had grown out of their small building so they had a couple trailers brought in for extra office space. During the summer it was hot and miserable in the trailers. Flies everywhere. His song was titled ... "Need a new building... Saffire Blues." Afterwards....... guess what he did????...... He proposed! He reached to the bottom of his very long Santa hat and pulled out a ring. Everyone there cheered. I had no idea. With a bright red face, I said "Yes". Shane had called my dad earlier that day to ask his permission. 

Happy Anniversary Babe!
We decided since we met on the 17th of October, we would get married on the 17th as well. The 17th fell on a weekend in February so that is what we chose. How romantic right?

Since both of us had been married before and had the big spendy weddings already, we went to Las Vegas. We invited family and friends to join us. It was so much fun! It was just as meaningful as an elaborate wedding only it was a fraction of the cost. We went to the "A Special Memory Wedding Chapel." They made me a bouquet that was beautiful. Chandler was our little ring man. My dad walked me down the isle. They made a video, took pictures, limo ride, the whole works. Vegas has the reputation for cheesy weddings, but ours was awesome.
That is the story of our beginning. It has been 9 wonderful years. A lot of ups and downs, but we work through them as with any marriage. Sometimes I think we share the same brain. We will say the exact same thing at the same time. We were meant to be!
Happy Anniversary Babe!

What a fun story! I learned a lot about you that I never knew! Chandler was darling in those shades! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI love the story and love the pictures. I am so glad you three found each other. I am also glad you are one of our special neighbors. May you have many, many more very happy years together....gayle
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful story. I love you guys, and I'm so glad you are so happy together, you have such a wonderful family, and we miss you terribly.
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the 9 year milestone!
ReplyDelete